In the event of inclement weather, the Virginia Cannon Cup will use the following guidelines:
- Games will be suspended until 30 minutes after the last lightning sighting.
- If lightning occurs after halftime, the game is considered a full game and the score will be recorded as final.
- If lightning occurs before halftime, every effort will be made to take the game to halftime to make it a final score. If the game does not reach halftime, the tournament director and referees will determine if this game can be considered a final score based on how much of the game has been played. These games may or may not be rescheduled.
- Delayed games may result in shortened games for the remainder of the day. If this is the case, teams will be notified by the referees and/or tournament director before their game begins.
- If inclement weather occurs and the fields are deemed unplayable, teams will be notified via email ASAP.