What you need to know before tryouts
First Step: Please make sure you register for tryouts - CLICK HERE. This is mandatory for all players and will help speed up all processes if your son or daughter is selected for a VSA travel team.
Second Step: Please make sure you check out the tryout schedules listed on the website for your child's year of birth.
Third Step: Please manage your expectations and understand the process. Travel Teams are selected on a competitive basis. Positions on a team MUST be earned and decisions will always be made in the best interest of each players development. For current players the previous travel seasons performance will also be taken into account. Just because a player played on a team last year does NOT guarantee him/her a place for the 2022/23 season. All final decisions on team placement will be made by the Technical Director, Directors of Coaching of VSA in conjunction with individual team coaches.
Forth Step: Preparing for Tryouts and selection process.
- Be prepared to play soccer (Shin guards, socks, ball and water are all recommended.)
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the tryout time to check in at the tent and receive your tryout number.
- No paperwork is required at the tryout - just show up early to check in after having pre-registered.
- All players who attend tryouts will be notified of the clubs decision regardless of selection for a team or if they do not make a team.This will happen within 2-5 days after the final tryout date.
- Players selected must accept their position within 48 hours of the offer in order to guarantee their position on the roster.
- Weather Issues - check email with address used for tryout registration
Fifth Step: VSA have five main levels of competitive travel teams in the majority of age categories U9-U19. These are:
- U9-U10 Teams (These will be tiered in August after 2-3 weeks of training)
- ECNL Regional League: U11-U19 Elite teams (These teams compete in State, Regional, and National Events)
- Premier Elite Teams: U11-U12 Second teams (These teams compete in State and Regional Leagues/Events)
- Premier Red : U11-U12 Third Teams; U13-U19 Second Teams (These teams compete in State and Regional Leagues/Events)
- Premier Royal: U11-U12 Forth Teams; U11-U19 Third Teams (These teams compete in State Leagues/Events)
Sixth Step: If you have additional questions please contact the following:
U7-U19 Foundation Phase Director - Jov Hall - email@example.com
U10-U12 Zone 1 Director - Nick Foglesong - firstname.lastname@example.org
U13-U16 Director of Coaching Boys - Steve Hoover - email@example.com
U13-U16 Director of Coaching Girls - Tim Krout - firstname.lastname@example.org
U17-U19 Director of College Preperation Boys & Girls - Tim Krout - email@example.com